Welcome to Hixson United Methodist Child Development Center – Spanish Immersion
Greetings! I am Vicky Flessner. As of June 20, 2016 I am serving as the Interim CDC Director. Hixson UMC has been my home church since 1990. I am delighted with the opportunity to step into this mission call to head the CDC while the Board searches for a permanent director.
I have served in a variety of roles in early childhood education for 37 years, most recently having been the director of Highland Plaza United Methodist Preschool (1991-2015) at Hixson UMC’s Highland Plaza campus.
Currently, I am a designer for C.O.R.E. Associates – Children Outdoors Ready to Explore, a partnership that designs, creates and installs playable landscapes that activate bodies, engage minds, and connect urban-bound children with nature at zoos, museums, schools, and nature centers.
Personally, I have been married to Dave Flessner, business editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, since 1980. We have three grown children, a daughter and twin sons. We are expecting our 6th grandchild(son) in August. My two oldest grandchildren are twins so I have twin children and twin grandchildren!
All tuition and other fee information is listed on the application.
“So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. ” 1 Corinthians 3:7
Highlights of our program include:
- Serving two to five year olds, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Spanish Immersion classroom serves two to five year olds, 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Three Star Facility.
- Gold Sneakerdesignation denoting our commitment to healthy foods and physical activity.
- High Reachcurriculum which is aligned with standard performance indicators for kindergarten to ensure we are preparing our students for the next phase of their lives.
- Weekly Spanishclasses for all children.
- Weekly music classes for all Children.
- Monthly “field trips” to enhance our learning- we stay on site safe and sound and the “field trip” comes to us! Past visitors include the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, Chattanooga Zoo and Kids On The Block.
- Pricing information can be found in the enrollment materials.